Here’s what we are about.
GGA-ARCHITECTURE is one of Southern Alberta’s largest architecture firms offering services in architecture, interior design and urban design in Western Canada. Working from our head office in Calgary we continue to be involved in some of the most exciting regional projects. Since 1983, we have provided our services to all levels of government, public and private school boards, post-secondary institutions, corporations and many private development clients.
We are proud of our work and our people. We take great care to hire outstanding individuals who are motivated to do their best.
Our firm is focused on developing an energetic, fun and diverse work atmosphere, with the opportunity to build an ongoing legacy. The culture at GGA-ARCHITECTURE acknowledges the importance of family and individual health. We believe in the culture we have created, committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity. We believe that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights to our workplace that enhance the way we work.
We are always looking for professional and talented people to join our team of experienced Architects, Interior Designers, Architectural Technologists and Contract Administrators.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
Working under the supervision of an Architectural Technology Manager, perform a variety of production tasks to prepare documents needed to take a building from original concept to completion. Contribute toward the accuracy, quality, completeness, and schedule of finished drawing packages through coordination with team members and consultants.
- Responsible for the creation of technical content including details to the highest standard of excellence while ensuring the design intent is consistently maintained throughout the project
- Assist the Contract Administrator during construction
- Assist in performing code analysis
- Assist in the coordination of consultants
- Assist in the performance of Quality Control procedures
- Research and compile construction materials
- Assist in the printing, assembly, circulation, and filing of project documents
- Assist with resolving difficult operating tasks or drawing production problems
- Keeping up to date on construction practices, products, codes and technology
- Participate as a productive team member developing highly detailed models in REVIT
- Communicate with clients throughout the design process to share updates and answer questions while understanding and adhering to project goals set out by the client
- Understanding and adhering to the fees and resources available for each project
- Understanding and adhering to deadlines agreed upon with the Project Architect and Studio Manager
- Lead, develop, prepare, and review Design Development Drawings (DD) and Contract Documents and specifications
- Attend coordination and site meetings
- Provide mentorship, guidance and direction to other Architectural Technologist Team Members
QUALITIES & MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
The chosen candidate must possess:
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and time management skills
- Ability to pay close attention to details to ensure that work is done correctly and thoroughly
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Be collaborative, highly motivated, accountable, and diligent
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Architectural Technology Diploma Required
- Strong AutoCAD skills are required, and fluency with Revit, Microsoft Office and other relevant software
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working on commercial design
- Must have experience as project lead on small to medium size projects and be able to provide a support role to a Senior Project Lead on large projects
- Familiar with Alberta Building Code
- Experience working on large and relatively complex projects
- Experience with sub-consultant coordination
- Experience working on projects in a variety of sectors – commercial, healthcare, institutional, mixed-use, industrial and retail
- High proficiency in developing architectural drawing packages and knowledgeable with detailing
- Strong documentation skills
- Able to work under pressure to complete work and meet deadlines
- Adaptable, agile, and open to accepting design challenges
Working at GGA is more than a job.
It is an opportunity to build a career in a collaborative and supportive multi-disciplinary environment where you have access to mentorship, special interest groups and a company-wide culture that encourages a holistic and well-rounded lifestyle. We acknowledge that your health and your family come first, and your place in our team comes after that. The culture of our firm is rooted in our work, but supported by teamwork.
To support you and your family we offer a comprehensive benefit plan, summer hours in July and August and a Health and Professional development account. These are just a handful of the benefits that our staff have.
GGA is an equal opportunity employer.
We work hard to enable our team members to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity.
We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Please forward your covering letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com