GGA-ARCHITECTURE is one of Western Canada’s largest architecture firms offering services in architecture, interior design and urban design in Western Canada. Working from our head office in Calgary we continue to be involved in some of the most exciting regional projects. Since 1983, we have provided our services to all levels of government, public and private school boards, post-secondary institutions, corporations and many private development clients.
We are proud of our work and our people. We take great care to hire outstanding individuals who are motivated to do their best.
Our firm is focused on developing an energetic, fun and diverse work atmosphere, with the opportunity to build an ongoing legacy. The culture at GGA-ARCHITECTURE acknowledges the importance of family and individual health. We believe in the culture we have created, committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity. We believe that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights to our workplace that enhance the way we work.
We are always looking for professional and talented people to join our team of experienced Architects, Interior Designers, Architectural Technologists and Contract Administrators.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Projects you will use your 10+ years of experience to visit job site while work with clients, municipalities, project manager in the preparation and review of Contact Documents and resolving contractual and construction issues.
- An Intermediate / Senior Construction Contract Administrator will be responsible for the administration of all sizes projects
- Maintain regular communication with project managers, designers, field inspectors, contractors, property owners and clients daily throughout the construction period to ensure project goals are met
- Assess the drawings and specification produced by GGA and provide answers to Contractor questions
- Make routine site visit and provide the supporting documentation to the site, follow up on site visit reports, and take summary of the meeting
- Produce deficiency lists and obtain the necessary project closeout documentation from the contractor
- Sign the Certificate of Payment prepared by Administration
- Arrange for a warranty review with the Owner, Contractor and Consultants one month prior to expiry date
- Prepare and issue a Safe Visit Report identifying the warranty items
- Review plans, specifications, and contract and present and explain contract condition and details to project stakeholders
- Generate administration documents for issuance to the contractor
- Ensure that the contractor follows legal requirements, owner specifications and government regulations at all times.
- Oversee change requests and claims
- Ensure staff complete tasks in accordance with safety policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Review and comment on the Contractor Requests for Substantial Performance including responding if not in agreement for projects which they are responsible for.
- Coordinate the internal production of as build drawings if this service is to be provided to the Owner
- Confirm that the project meets the occupancy requirements (ie: safe for public use) and produce the required schedule C1 and C2 for signing and stamping by the Partner in Charge of the project
- Preform all work in accordance with the company’s policies
- Lead by example in all areas of work
QUALITIES & MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- An Intermediate / Senior Construction Contract Administrator should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Contract Administration role.
- An ability to mentor and motivate junior staff
- A diploma in Architectural Technology would be an asset
- Experience with contract administration documents
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with the ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as conflict resolution, negotiation and leadership
- Strong attention to detail, able to work under pressure and multi-task
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook proficiency is Revit is considered an asset
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
Resumes should reflect an excellent track record of project success working within an Architectural environment. GGA-Architecture offer a creative and rewarding work environment and an attractive benefits package.
Working at GGA is more than a job.
It is an opportunity to build a career in a collaborative and supportive multi-disciplinary environment where you have access to mentorship, special interest groups and a company-wide culture that encourages a holistic and well-rounded lifestyle. We acknowledge that your health and your family come first, and your place in our team comes after that. The culture of our firm is rooted in our work, but supported by teamwork.
To support you and your family we offer a comprehensive benefit plan, summer hours in July and August and a Health and Professional development account. These are just a handful of the benefits that our staff have.
GGA is an equal opportunity employer.
We work hard to enable our team members to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity.
We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Please forward your covering letter and resume to email@example.com please apply by: May 31, 2023
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org