Here’s what we are about.
GGA-ARCHITECTURE is one of Western Canada’s largest architecture firms offering services in architecture, interior design and urban design in Western Canada. Working from our head office in Calgary we continue to be involved in some of the most exciting regional projects. Since 1983, we have provided our services to all levels of government, public and private school boards, post-secondary institutions, corporations and many private development clients.
We are proud of our work and our people. We take great care to hire outstanding individuals who are motivated to do their best.
Our firm is focused on developing an energetic, fun and diverse work atmosphere, with the opportunity to build an ongoing legacy. The culture at GGA-ARCHITECTURE acknowledges the importance of family and individual health. We believe in the culture we have created, committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity. We believe that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights to our workplace that enhance the way we work.
We are always looking for professional and talented people to join our team of experienced Architects, Interior Designers, Architectural Technologists and Contract Administrators.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
Working under the supervision of the Director of Projects and the Architectural Technology Manager, you will perform a variety of technical tasks and prepare contract documents. This technical role involves the Intermediate Technologist taking the project from the Design Development phase of the project to construction. This role contributes towards the accuracy, quality, completeness, and schedule of finished drawings packages through co-ordination with team members and consultants. As an Intermediate Architectural technologist, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Develop and prepare Design Development Drawings (DD) and outline specifications
- Develop and prepare Contract Documents (CD) and specifications
- Assist the Contract Administrator during construction
- Take mentorship and guidance from more experienced Architectural Technology team members
- Complete code analysis on projects
- Consultant coordination on projects
- Assist in the performance of Quality Control procedures
- Capable of printing, assembly, circulation of filing of project documents
- Able to manage smaller project independently
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior technologists
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to pay close attention to details to ensure that work is done correctly and thoroughly
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Be collaborative, highly motivated, accountable, and diligent
- Work well in a team environment and be capable of seeking input when required
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written English communications skills
- Be thorough in completing tasks assigned
- Willing to learn contract document process
- Architectural Technology Diploma Required
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience
- Good background in computer drafting (Revit) required, and fluency with Microsoft Office and other relevant software
- Familiar with the Alberta Building Code
- Strong background in Building Envelope detailing
- Good documentation skills
- Able to work under pressure to complete work and meet deadlines
- Must have experience as a project lead on smaller projects and be able to provide a support role to a Senior Project Lead on large projects
Working at GGA is more than a job.
It is an opportunity to build a career in a collaborative and supportive multi-disciplinary environment where you have access to mentorship, special interest groups and a
company-wide culture that encourages a holistic and well-rounded lifestyle. We acknowledge that your health and your family come first, and your place in our team comes after that. The culture of our firm is rooted in our work, but supported by teamwork.
To support you and your family we offer a comprehensive benefit plan, summer hours in July and August and a Health and Professional development account. These are just a handful
of the benefits that our staff have.
GGA is an equal opportunity employer.
We work hard to enable our team members to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity.
We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Please forward your covering letter and resume to email@example.com, please apply by: June 16, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org